- Ba Gua Zhang Formal Lineage
- Ba Gua
- 8 Mother Palms ( 8 Basic Palms 基礎八掌 )
- 8 Big Palms(八大掌 )
- Master Liu Xing-Han
Master Wang Feng-Ming with his Ba Gua teacher Liu Xing-Han and his Ba Gua brothers in Heaven's Temple Park in Beijing 1972.
- What are "eight diagrams" (Ba Gua) and how to practice eight diagrams? Eight diagrams refer to eight directions and there is a circle with 1.5 meter in diameter on each of the eight directions.
- The practitioner walks in eight steps around each circle, each step stands for one direction together with one movement. So one dose eight movements. Repeat the exercise clockwise and counterclockwise.
- The eight circles stand of eight animals respectively, and the practitioner should exercise the movement of each animal around each of the eight circles. Repeat the exercise clockwise and counterclockwise.
- There are eighteen kinds of weapons that can be used in practice of eight diagrams. The practitioner can practice the eight movements of a certain kind of weapon. Repeat the exercise clockwise and counterclockwise.
- As eight diagrams is unique in technical theory, attack style and practice methods, and is different from other type of Wushu, it is preferred by a lot of Chinese Wushu fans and fans of other countries.
|1||Fierce Tiger Leaves the mountain||猛虎出山|
|2||Huge Roc Spreads Wings||大鵬展翅|
|3||Lion Opens Mouth||獅子張口|
|4||White Ape Offers the Peach||白猿獻桃|
|5||Embrace the Moon to the Chest||懷中抱月|
|6||Black Bear Stretches Arms||黑熊探臂|
|7||Point to Heaven and Strike the Ground||指天插地|
|8||Green Dragon Stretches Claws||青龍探爪|
|1||Single Change Palm||單換掌|
|2||Double Change Palm||雙換掌|
|3||Follow Posture Palm||順身掌|
|4||Back Body Palm||背身掌|
|5||Turning Body Palm||轉身掌|
|6||Grinding Body Palm||磨身掌|
|7||Overturning Body Palm||翻身掌|
|8||Returning Body Palm||回身掌|
Master Liu Xing-Han
90 Years old Master Liu Xing-Han guiding Master Wang Feng-Ming in Bagua, in Heaven's Temple Park in Beijing 1999.